Well, Lacey at Jaxson's Fight tagged me and she asked me to participate in doing a post about my kid's names. So, of course I said I would. So I will start out with my first child Gwyneth.
Gwyneth Anne Rees- Well, since Gwyneth was our first child we were so excited and I bought a Baby Names book and I was constantly looking online for names. I would even write names down on paper to see how they sounded and what went well together. After a lot of going back and forth, back and forth about what he liked and I didn't or what I liked and he didn't, he came up with the name Gwyneth. I distinctly remember we out shopping at Best Buy and out of the blue he says to me, "How 'bout the name Gwyneth?" I thought about it a moment and then I thought hmmmm...I like that name. So Gwyneth it was. Her middle name is Anne. She is named Anne after Bill's grandmother thus the spelling and all plus we couldn't come up with anything else that we thought went well with her name. My mom's name is Helen and Bill' mom's name is Theresa which neither of us liked for a middle name with Gwyneth so we went with Anne.
Liliana Elizabeth Rees- I completely came up with Liliana's name. We had been throwing around a bunch of girls names and I really like the name Kassidy and then call her Kassie for short. Well, Bill was ok with that name but I could tell he wasn't crazy about it. One day I was on the phone with my Aunt Libby and she was talking about her neighbor's daughter named Lily. I got off the phone with her and I couldn't get that name out of my head. Lily, Lily, Lily! So I told Bill and I told him that I really liked that name. He goes, " I was just thinking about that name recently myself, but I wish it was the shortened name for something else." I then piped up and said, "How 'bout Liliana?" He loved it! I get a lot of compliments on Liliana because many people tell me they haven't heard it before. Believe it or not I had several students over the years with the name Liliana and I always liked that name. Her middle name is Elizabeth which I also liked. It just so happens that I have two aunts with the name Elizabeth. So she has a middle name the same as two of her great aunts. I know it is a long name and I will probably regret that we gave it to her once she starts writing but I absolutely love her name and I wouldn't change it for anything.
So there you have it. How my kiddos got their names. So now I have to tag more people to post how your kids got their names. Below is my list of who I am tagging. Have a great weekend!
1. Joyce from Class of 2008
2. Cathy: A Walk in Lily's Garden
3. Heidi: Living in the Moment
4. Patti: To Love Endlessly
5. Wendy P: Zip-Perdue-De-Dah
6. The Naretto Family
7. Kelli: Three Girls and Tim
8. Jennie: A Little Something Extra For Us
1 comment:
I love reading stories like this! Your girls have beautiful names. Thanks for tagging me - I will work on my post soon.
Post a Comment