




Last Sunday, October 4th we met Patti and Marissa from To Love Endlessly for a hayride out at Carlisle Reservation. Such a neat little park out in Lorain county. I haven't posted until now because I was waiting for Bill to edit the pictures so I could use some along with this post. We had a great time on the ride and afterwards, while taking a coffee break and letting Gwyneth run around and play at Mc'Donalds. It was great talking to another mother of a child with Ds. We just have so much in common and the conversation just continued to flow. Patti and I have really connected because both our baby girls were at the Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital for open heart surgery to repair their congenital heart defects. Lily's heart defect was a complete AV canal defect, not sure what Marissa's was. Anyways, Marissa's hospital stay was the average 4-7 days that it is supposed to be and she was able to go home. As most of you know, Liliana's stay was much longer. Lily had not only holes in the top and bottom chambers of her heart but she also had an extremely abnormal mitral valve not to mention aspirational pneumonia and several infections that she contracted while in the hospital. I won't go into all the details of the heart surgery because this is a post about a hayride. LOL! Well, it was fantastic to see both babies together, to see how well they both are doing, and to share some fun with another family that completely understands what we have gone through. The pictures tell it all!
6 comments:
Gorgeous pictures!!! It is so amazing to meet other mommies of kids with Ds. Only they truly know what it's like.
Thanks for tagging me for the name post. Sorry that I didn't see it sooner. Busy weekend with the bug and the hub...lol. This 31 for 21 thing is tough. Now I have one more post...lol. Look for it tomorrow. Have a blessed week.
Great pics. I am amazed at how I instantly bond with other DS families that I meet. We just all have so much in common.
Sounds like you had a great times. Yes it is lovely to meet and talk to other families with children with ds. Especially if they have gone through ohs too. Wow I just read through some of you old posts and I must say that you are amazing after all that you have been through with Lily and all of her heart surgeries.
great picts, How fun
I love the pictures! What a fun way to spend a day!
Post a Comment