Sunday, December 21, 2008
Two Steps Forward, Three Steps Back
Arrived at the hospital around 12:30pm with Gwynny and Billy after attending a very special children's program at Christ the King church. They had a live nativity scene with a real donkey and sheep. Gwynny's friend Jason was a shepherd and all she kept saying was, " Where's Jason? and Where's the Baby Jesus?" She was so obsessed with the real Baby Jesus that she didn't want to go up and pet the animals afterwards she just wanted to see the Baby Jesus. She eventually changed her mind when Jason came over and went with her. Anyways, when we got here today we were informed that Liliana had spiked a temp overnight and it got to the point where they had to give her paralyzation medication so they could put ice packs around her to bring down her fever without her shivering. Her blood pressure has been on the high side as well. Her liver is enlarged again and her lungs look more wet today then they did yesterday. They increased her lasiks to get some of the fluid off and are starting her on another round of antibiotics to cover if there is any infection going on. They also said that her glucose levels are bit high so they are giving her insulin to take care of that too. It is so disheartening. Just when you start to talk positive about Lily things take a turn. I feel like I am jinxing her or something. We are mentally drained over all this. My stomach is killing me too. Something has to get better here. We need some hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear this...I am praying for your little one, you all have been through so much, it will get better. Hoping for a great tomorrow
I am sorry to hear that Lily is having such a rough time and know how hard it is on mum and dad. I hope that things soon start to turn a corner and that she makes continued progress.
In the meantime try to be kind to yourselves, you are going to need all your strength when that little girl comes home!
Thinking of you all
Penny Green
Down's Heart Group
www.dhg.org.uk
Post a Comment