Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm Goin Home!

Yesterday was the day that we had prayed for, waited for, longed for, for the last three months! It had been 105 days to be exact! Man, I can't believe it now looking back on everything. Liliana is doing great! She looks healthy, acts healthy, is eating healthy, and just all around is more and more like a normal healthy baby. We are so thankful! God is so faithful! Yes, we had to endure a lot but I feel like it has made me a better person. I feel like I have a much different outlook on life and God has really worked on my heart. I feel like I truly have connected with so many families that have either gone through what we did with Lily or who were going to go through what we went through. It gave me such strength and joy inside to be able to advocate for downs children with congenital heart defects. It is a very scary and life threatening situation for these children and for their families. Any type of support system that any of us have is critical during this time. On the days when I thought I just couldn't go on someone would cross my path with a thoughtful gesture, words of encouragement, or an ear to listen. God says that he will supply all our needs according to his riches in glory. He took care of us financially during this time of our lives and we know he will continue to take care of us now that Liliana is home. We have been so blessed and we are so thankful for all of the great and wonderful things that happened in our lives during this time. I dedicate the song "Home" by Chris Daughtry to you because I think it says it all right now. Though some of the lyrics in the song don't make sense in regards to our situation most do apply especially about the places and faces getting old (that would be the Cleveland Clinic), and the part about loving the life he chose for me. We love the fact that we were chosen to be Liliana's parents even though it is a big responsibility we have been able to meet the challenge. We now can close one chapter of our lives and start a new one full of fun, excitement, hope, peace, and family times together watching our little angel from heaven grow up into the beautiful woman that God intended her to be. We love you Liliana and we always will!


9 comments:

stephb said...

I am so happy for you and your family! Your blog brought tears to my eyes - we will miss you and Lily so much. Keep in touch and send lots of pictures :)
Stephanie B/PICU

Cathy said...

This is the day we've been praying for! God bless you all and may you have a joyous life with your sweet girls.

I look forward to continuing to follow Lily's progress.

Kim Rees said...

Thanks Steph! We most definitely will keep in touch. Thanks for all the TLC you gave Liliana while she was in the PICU. :) I'm sure it helped her with her recovery.

Unknown said...

Ditto on Steph's comment...wiping the tears as I write...Steph and I came to see you the other day but you weren't there..hopefully you got our note!! We will miss you but hopefully we can meet up for lunch or something and see Lilly in her real environment. You are such great parents and it was an honor to take part in Lilly's care!!!! Keep posting the home pics! Oh by the way, finally found those outfits about a week ago..would be way too small for our growing girl!!! Love, Ellen-PICU

Nicole said...

How exciting....Liliana is home! I hope everything is going well. Maybe someday we can introduce our little angels to each other.

To Love Endlessly said...

I'm so, so very happy for all of you!!! Liliana looks so great in her picture, chilling at home.

Your strength throughout your stay at the Clinic was certainly an inspiration to me. I pray you continue to see God's glory through all of this.

The Kimble's said...

So glad Lily is home and you and your family can get back to a normal family life - PICU life is rough! Hopefully Ali will be home in about a month - maybe we can get together after we get home! We are so happy for Lily and your family!
Selena, Shawn, Ali & Gavin

Anonymous said...

Yay Lily!!! You made it home!! I'm sorry I missed seeing you your last day here but glad you escaped nevertheless! Now you can reclaim your room at home. I will miss seing you here-keep us updated on life outside the Clinic!
Stacey G/PICU

PS-I hope Gwynny is feeling better,too!

Nicole said...

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going now that Lily is home? I am sure you are just enjoying your time with her at home. Hope all is well