
Anyone that has been following my blog knows that you never know what is going to happen from one day to another with the Rees clan. Today was no exception. Let me start out by saying that Liliana is doing very well and is just waiting to come home. We can't complain. On the other hand, Gwynny continues to struggle. She has been sick all week with a cough and off and on fevers. We took her to the doctor on Thursday and they put her on an antibiotic just to be safe and also because Liliana is expected to come home soon. The doctor suspected it was just a virus but sent her to get a chest x-ray just to be safe which came back just fine. Thank God! Upon waking today Gwynny came to Bill and I crying complaining about her bottom hurting. Long story short, she has a huge red spot on her one butt cheek and the center is almost purplish red. It definitely looked like some type of infection to us. Bill and I were very concerned. I phoned the pediatrician as soon as they opened and they were able to get her in around 10am. The doctor took a look at it and put her on Benedryl for the allergic reaction part and a different antibiotic for skin infections. She also did a culture and we dropped it off at the lab so they can determine exactly what she has. We have to wait till Monday for the results of that. Depending on what we find out from that will determine whether or not Liliana can come home at the beginning of the week. The doctor kept asking us if she got burned by bath water and we assured her that that did not happen. I swear she made us feel like such horribly bad parents, like she was going to call children's services on us or something. Anyways, she then thought that Gwynny probably got bit by something, like a spider. I'm thinking what in the world would be alive and lurking around mid February? If anyone has any input on that please feel free to leave your comments. We were so bummed! I know that God has a reason for everything that happens so I am just trusting that his will be done through this whole thing. We were so excited about spending Valentine's Day weekend together as a family for the first time. Well, it's not going to happen in 2009. So, Bill is at the hospital visiting with our little valentine angel and I am at home taking care of our other coach potatoe valentine. Hopefully, we will be able to at least order some take-out and enjoy a quiet evening at home. Happy Valentine's Day everyone and God Bless you! Thanks again for all your love and support as we have gone through this difficult time in our lives.
2 comments:
I'm sorry! I know how disappointing it is when you are expecting to bring your baby home from the NICU and then it doesn't happen. Hope everything gets better soon!
Oh geez...I'm sorry to hear things are still rough. I was convinced I'd be reading happy news. Hopefully the tests will come back negative. There are tons of prayers coming your way!
Post a Comment