My Lily has been diagnosed with nystagmus. I guess it's kind of common in kids with Ds...at least that's what I've been told. We took her to a pediatric ophthalmologist for the diagnosis even though our pediatrician was sure that's what it was. We have to take her back in June to see if it has improved. Lily's is more pronounced when she is tired. We were told that since it's congenital her brain accomodates for it and she doesn't see stuff bouncing around.
I didn't get all that worked up about it. I kind of felt like after open heart surgery...who cares...lol. That's not exactly how I feel, but you get my drift.
There's some info on the internet about nystagmus. Some of it seemed a little scary. The doctor was very reassuring. Let Lily heal a while and then see if you can get an appointment. Keep us up to date!
3 comments:
I wish my Lily had that much hair!!! I can't wait to put bows in her hair. We grow 'em bald in my family...lol.
Wanted to add...
My Lily has been diagnosed with nystagmus. I guess it's kind of common in kids with Ds...at least that's what I've been told. We took her to a pediatric ophthalmologist for the diagnosis even though our pediatrician was sure that's what it was. We have to take her back in June to see if it has improved. Lily's is more pronounced when she is tired. We were told that since it's congenital her brain accomodates for it and she doesn't see stuff bouncing around.
I didn't get all that worked up about it. I kind of felt like after open heart surgery...who cares...lol. That's not exactly how I feel, but you get my drift.
There's some info on the internet about nystagmus. Some of it seemed a little scary. The doctor was very reassuring. Let Lily heal a while and then see if you can get an appointment. Keep us up to date!
Lily you look so cute.
Post a Comment