Thursday, February 5, 2009

On the Road Again...The Road to Recovery that is!

What a day! Liliana has had a busy day! I arrived here today and my friend Cindy and her daughter came up to visit and have lunch. I also got to see Patti and Marissa that we met last week. Boy, does Marissa look great! I spoke with the Nurse Practitioner and Infectious Disease doctors and they told me that Lily had a positive culture from her urine but they do not know yet which bacteria it is. They have already been treating her with antibiotics so it should cover whatever it is that she has. She started bolis (stomach) feeds today and so far she is doing ok when they initially run the feed but then about an hour later she did throw up a bit but it was mostly mucos. She also threw up her NG tube so the nurse had to place another one. She is in the process of taking her second NG feed right now so we will see how it goes. She also went to have an echo done today but no results back yet on that one. They will continue to try and ween her oxygen so that hopefully she will not have to come home with it. She passed her gastric study that she had earlier this week that is why they are feeding her with an NG again but tomorrow she will go for a swallowing study to see if she could begin taking very small amounts of formula a couple times a day. The bottom line is that she is really making good progress and they are talking about letting us take her home sometime next week. Yeah! I hope it really happens because this journey we have been on has been a very, very long one and I am ready to have it come to an end and be home. I'm sure that Liliana is ready to come home too. As Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz, "There's no place like home!" and she was right.

2 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

Sounds like Liliana is finally on the yellow brick road. I'm so happy for all of you.

Cathy said...

Great news!