Tuesday, January 27, 2009
On the Road Again...
Here I sit so downhearted, waiting to leave the place where everything started. Everyone in the PICU has been so great, but now it's time to graduate. A few more hours and away we will go, off to M40 to the pods that blow. The accomodations may not be great, but we'll make the best of it anyways. It's one step closer to Liliana coming home, to laughter, and good times, oh the memories we'll hold. We've made lots of friends that we'll never forget. We'll come back to see them on that you can bet. It's a happy, but sad time. A lonely, but glad time. We will miss our PICU nurses and docs but we will not forget how they helped us a lot. So off we go to the Pods in a rush, please get us home soon before our brains turn to mush. LOL! How'd you like my poem? Hee Hee! We are actually in Pod #3 and I made sure that they put us in one where I could at least see the tv from the couch. I plan to spend more time here if I have to because I want to make sure we do not have a repeat of what happened December 1st. I have insisted that some of the nurses that I am not too fond of not take care of Lily and they were really good about it. I also know what I can do if I have any issues with any of her care and I want to have a PICU nurse or resident check her out. This has been a big relief to me since last time no one said anything about. Strange. Well, on another note Lilians looks great! She is holding her own both with her oxygen and her heart rate. She shows no signs of distress. They increased her formula to 30 calories per ounce and she has been tolerating fine. So hopefully this will be our last stop before going home. Thank God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yessssssssssss!!! One step closer, much closer!
That must be an issue with step-down units. The one at Lily's hospital wasn't real great. I can't really complain about the nurses though...when they were there. I only left the room to make phone calls and to get something to eat. It was odd to go from 24 hour-a-day care in the PSHU to checking only once an hour.
How about some pictures of that precious little girl?!?!? Take care of yourself too.
OH hush...your brains won't turn to mush. Lots of love for your little one and you will have great, great fun.
:-) Love your poem
OMG, the day this finally here and I missed it!!! That's what I get for going on vacation! Kim and Bill- I know you will come visit and I will surely come visit Lily...I am ecstatic that she is stable enough to travel over to M-40!!! She has made great strides since Nov 4th and continues to show the world just how strong she is!! I love the new pictures! I have really been honored to participate in Lily's care, as well as meet some new friends along the way!! Miss you already...Ellen PICU R.N.
Fabulous! I know you can do it! Being home is so blissful, I can hardly stand it. There's a lot of re-orienting to do, but it's so wonderful. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment