Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Positive!

When I arrived at the clinic today I was told that Liliana's spetum (sp?) culture came back positive for pneumonia. I am sooo bummed! She already had pneumonia once in here. That's how things tend to go in this place. After you're here for so long and on a ventilator you can catch a lot of things. Everyone keeps saying that she looks good though. Her heartrate has been pretty good and her blood pressure and oxygen have been good as well. So now it will be at least 7-10 days of treatment with anti-biotics and then after that they will try weening her off the ventilator again in hopes of extubating her (getting her off the vent) to see how she does. She has so much junk in her lungs. On a different note...a little friend arrived here at the clinic today to have her heart surgery. A friend that I met here at the hospital that brought dinner up for my husband and I brought her daughter in for her heart surgery today. I can't wait till Liliana is well enought to have a play date with Bayla. I also had the chance to talk to Shosana, Bayla's mom and catch up on what has been going on and give them some support as they were waiting for updates on their little sweetheart. I know exactly how that feels and understand some of the emotions they were going through today because been there done that. Well, I also went up on the Rooftop Pavilion which is located in the new building and got a 5 minute chair massage which was very relaxing. I will definitley wander up there again in the future. It continues to snow and be very cold here in C-town which also makes it hard to get up in the morning and out the door. It also makes it hard to commute back and forth to the hospital. I'm hoping that things start going in the right direction again and soon!

4 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Hi Kim, This is Joyce. Thank you for posting an update. It is good to hear from you. I have been calling the Clinic periodically to just see if Lily had moved out of M43. Sorry to hear about the pneumonia. Sarah has a couple of things for the girls, but with this weather looking so frigid for the next week I am not sure we will make it to the Clinic. Will they let you get mail in ICU? Be careful driving, it is horrid out.

my family said...

You are still in our prayers

Cathy said...

I've been checking for updates. I'm sorry that it isn't going as well as you hoped! At least the other issues look good.

Just thought you might like to know that others who read my blog have been praying for Liliana too. They are following your journey through a link to your blog on mine.

God bless you all!

Rees Street said...

Hi Kim, I've been following your updates (thanks for posting them) and am so bummed to hear about Lily. At least everyone says she looks good. Hang in there and yes go get massages; you deserve them! Jen