Friday, January 16, 2009
Anticipation!
Today was an eventful day at the PICU. Got to see baby Bayla in her cute little hat her sissy made for her, and I got to meet little Aiden who also had his surgery this week. Both of them are doing really well so maybe some of their good fortune will rub off on Liliana. Lily had a good day today. No fevers, (knock on wood), no positive cultures (knock on wood), and she is tolerating being weened from the vent little by little. Her color looks good and she is tolerating her feeds and they even were able to go up a little on those. Now for the plan...the plan is to try to extubate her on either Monday or Tuesday if her lungs look ok and she does not spike a temperature, or grow any more positive cultures. As the Nurse Practitioner told me, "We want to give Liliana the best chance possible of making it when she gets off the vent. This is why we are trying to dry her out as best we can before we try." We are praying that she continues to stay stable. She really needs to get off that 'ol ventilator! She has been on that thing since December 1st! Can you believe it! Time flies and I feel like it is moving along and I am missing out on the best days of my babies life! The time when you want to hold and play with them. The time when you want to dress them up cute and have a photo shoot or take them out and show them off proudly. It really stinks and it makes me feel very sad when I think about it for very long. Well, for now I will just settle for holding her whenever the nurses are willing and able to let me when I visit Lily at the PICU. I am most happy that my little girl is alive and lives on to fight another day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can "hear" the excitement in your voice. Lots of prayers coming your way!!!!
She is being shown off in more ways than you know. I have lots of family and friends following your Lily. All of them seeing and hearing your love and admiration of that sweet baby girl.
Post a Comment