Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Meeting of the Cousins


Look at me! I can rollover on my tummy!



Last Friday my sister-in-law came to visit from Indiana with her 5 month old little girl! Her name is Jenna Marie and she is such a cutie! Both Gwynny and Liliana loved seeing her. We had a little photo shoot with the girls in their similar sleepers with dots and hearts. It was a great weekend! That's about all I have to say except, oh yeah, I do have a few things on my mind.

I called about the speech therapist and they called me back with the name of who will be taking her place and told me that she will call me next week to set up a time. I hope they follow through!

The only other issue I am having issues with is my high chair. I hate it! I got it as a gift with my oldest and it worked ok with her, but she didn't have the issues that Lily does. I swear the thing is lopsided! For real! My OT said to put her in it and put towels around her to prop her up, but she still wants her reclined at the same time. Well, it reclines alright but it leans to the right. So what to buy to replace it? I have no idea. I need something that will work with her as she grows too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last and probably the most exciting thing is that Liliana can now roll over on her tummy. It is so cute! She still isn't very fond of being on her tummy so once she gets there she eventually starts crying. Man, the other morning I had to keep going over and turning her back on her back because she kept rolling back onto her tummy! We are sooo excited for her! The pictures at the top reflect this as well. Well, hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! Bye for now.

12 comments:

Cathy said...

YAAAAYYYYYYY Lily!!! Rolling over...awesome!!! You must be so excited.

I got a traditional high chair from my in-laws. I had to put it away for a while until Lily gets bigger because she was slipping and sliding all over the place and I felt it wasn't safe. Instead, we are using a Space Saver seat by Fisher-Price. It straps (quite securely) to our kitchen chair. I LOVE it. I'll try to find one on-line and send a picture of it.

Hope that helps!!

Cathy said...

OK, I found it on BRU...This isn't a hyperlink so you'll have to copy and paste I guess.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2508005

Lily is sitting in her's on my posts from March 5 (pictures) and again on March 27th in the video.

Linda said...

I second that on the Space Saver seat. We've had Lila in one for over a year and we love it- plus it's so convenient you can just throw it in the car and take it with you when you go on vacation. : )

My name is Sarah said...

Yea Lily!!! Rolling on your tummy. You are such a big girl:) Sorry, no help with high chairs. It's been a while for me.

To Love Endlessly said...

Woot, woot, woot! Three cheers for little Lily, gettin' stronger everyday!

I completely understand about rolling her back over. Marissa can only roll to her tummy and cries & cries to get back over. She teased us one day by rolling all the way over, but it was just a teaser.

We have the space saver that sets on the seat & love it. Mar is still eating reclined even though she's 6/7 mo. There are 3 different positions so it should last through a variety of feeds.

my family said...

Go Lily!!!

Kim Rees said...

Thanks everyone! I think I will check out the space saver seat since it sounds like that is the fan favorite!

Cathy said...

Hey Kim...just wanted to mention that as I was feeding Lily in her chair last night, I did wonder if how long she would fit in it. It is quite a bit more compact than my traditional chair. I think Lily will fit into it for quite a while, but please check it out in person. I don't want you to think...why the heck did they tell me to get this.

No matter what you pick out, post a picture of your little cutie sitting in it :0)

Wendy P said...

Woo-hoo Lily!!!

Nicole said...

Not sure if this is the solution for you or not...but we are going to get it and try it out for Emily...because as of right now, she eats in her bouncy chair. Target has a highchair that is more like a booster seat. It reclines back like a carseat for when they are not sitting yet, then it changes for when they are sitting, then it changes again for when they are a toddler or something like that. It's small, can be taken everywhere, and may be the solution. Check it out. I looked for it online but can't find it. It is down one of the baby aisles...not exactly near the regular highschairs...it is just on a shelf...maybe by the bumbos (?). Let me know what you think

And yeah to Lily for rolling!

Nicole said...

Oh and it is only 30 dollars!

Nicole said...

The pics are so nice...love the matching outfits. I also hate Cleveland weather! I wish it would get nice for once.