Friday, April 24, 2009

Fun Friday!?











Decided to take the girls to the Lake Erie Nature Center here by our house for a picnic lunch and to see the animals. Bill was going to meet us for the lunch part, but that was the first part that got changed. We were in the drive-thru line at Mc'Donalds when I got a text saying that he probably wouldn't be able to make it he was stuck in a meeting. Bummer! Gwynny was really looking forward to having lunch with her daddy! Oh! Well! We headed over to the Nature Center and ended up at the picnic area across the street first. We set all our stuff up with Lily sitting in her car seat enjoying the breeze and warm sunny day on the picnic table while Gwynny and I ate. Well, everything was going fine until a big gust of wind came and blew Gwynny's chocolate milk over and all over her new skort! Ahhhh! Man! What a bummer! Well, we decided to head back home and get her some new clothes. We did and in the mean time it was now like 1pm and Lily needed to eat. We get back to the NC and I look down at Lily to hook up her feed and she was playing with her NG tube, the wrong end of her NG that is. She had pulled it out! Oh no! Gwynny of course wasn't having it to go home and put the tube in so I could feed her sister. I contemplated putting in another while we were there but it is such a hassle. So, we stayed and went through the NC in about a half hour until Lily couldn't take anymore and we needed to get home so I could put in a new NG and feed her. I have to say the G-tube is looking better and better every day. Here are a few pics of our very quick trip! Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You had such great intentions for a fun day - sorry to hear it was full of unexpected hassles! I love the pictures!

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Ugh, what a day. Well it looks like at least Gwynny had some moments of fun. At least we are having some amazing weather this weekend.

Cathy said...

Still looks like Gwynny had some fun despite the hassles. I hope our day at the zoo goes off with fewer glitches.

I read your question on my blog about the dark glasses...

Lily has nystagmus which is this eye darting thing. It sounds like it is fairly common in kids with Ds. Anyway, she goes back in June for another routine exam. In order to look into the eye properly they have to dilate her pupils. This takes a while to wear off. Normally they give the patient a throw-away pair of dark glasses to protect the eyes from light. Well, they don't have any small enough for my little peanut. When we went last fall it was a cloudy day and I was able to shade her eyes with a blanket while Mark drove home. This time I have to take her by myself. I can't sit by her so hopefully the glasses will do the trick to protect her eyes. Make sense???

Of course, the easiest thing would be is she just fell asleep...but you know how that goes...when you want them to, they never do...lol. Have a great weekend!

my family said...

I'm sure G will still have good memories...maybe next time it will work out better, at least it was a pretty day