





This past weekend we (Bill, Gwynny, Lily, and I) ventured off to Cincinnati Ohio to attend our nephew's First Communion. He didn't actually make his first communion until Sunday but we went down on Friday so we could spend a little more time with the cousins before the BIG day. We drove down following Grandma and Grandpa K. in their van and stopped at Bob Evan's for some lunch. Afterwards, we were going to stop at COSI Science Center in Columbus but time was getting away from us and we wanted to get to Cincy so we opted out of it. We arrived and Gwynny was in her glory! She loves her cousins Max and Jessie! We grilled out for dinner and the kids played. Jessie and Gwynny even put on a talent show after dinner. Soooo cute! On Saturday, after a lazy morning start we went to the Cincinnati Children's Museum so Gwynny could play and have some fun! Boy! did she ever have fun! She loved the kitchen and grocery store play areas and spent the majority of her time there. Lily also got to play in the the Little Sprouts area where I let her roll on the mats for a little bit. After a few hours of play we headed back to Aunt Net's and Uncle Ron's house to make a taco dinner and then a fire afterwards with all the fixins for 'Smores! Yummy! We went to bed rather early since we were all tired and we had to get up the next day to go to church. Thank goodness the mass didn't start until 11:30 since there were a lot of us that needed to take showers and get ready. All in all it was a really nice service and Liliana was a little angel in church! She fell asleep on my lap as she usually does during church. Gwynny was the one that was a handful! All she kept asking me was "Mommy, I want a snack." Over and over again she asked even though I repeatedly told her I didn't have a snack. It's amazing how they think we can pull out a magic wand and "poof!" a snack will appear. Knew I should of thrown those goldfish crackers in there! Oh Well! We came back to Aunt Net's and Uncle Ron's and had a really nice spread of food before loading up our van and heading home. Whew! I am tired! We had a really good time and I would love to take the girls back again sometime this summer. I have been playing catch-up yesterday and today between therapy sessions for Liliana and unpacking and doing laundry! Thank Goodness both girls are taking a NAP today! Yeah for Mommy! Well, back to business. More later.
6 comments:
Sounds like you had a good trip! I know how tiring it can be travelling with little ones - I really hate unpacking when we get home! Hope you get caught up on everything and have a nice afternoon!
Sounds like a fun time with the family.
Lily's birthday is May 29th. We are celebrating it a little early too...on the 24th...just like Liliana's party. We are having the party at my parents house. It's easier for us to make the 4-hour trip down there then for everyone to come up here. I'm excited! Are you having one-year pictures taken of Liliana?
Sounds like a lovely trip - glad y'all had fun!
Sounds like you all had lots of fun. The Children's Museum is great...have you ever taken her to the one in Cleveland? I have only been there once but it is pretty cool. We have been wanting to take the kids there but just haven't had time.
haha, I love that she kept asking for a snack. Where are all those magic mommy powers at? hehe
Oh what fun! We were in Ohio last month for Kayla's birthday and I thought about going to the Children's Museum, but we ended up going to the Aquarium instead. (the Aquarium is pretty awesome, too!)
Post a Comment