Thursday, August 6, 2009

An exciting yet, sad week.

I can't believe it is Thursday already. My how time flies. I haven't posted since last Tuesday and so much has happened. Well, last Friday we went on a family camping trip, Lily's first camping trip (sorry I didn't take any pics, but eventually may be able to use some of Bill's), to East Harbor State Park. It's a beautiful park and we went with 3 other families from our church. Friday night started out rough because we got a late start and then had to set our tent up in the dark. :( Not fun. Then to make matters worse these obnoxious people were camping in the group site next to ours. They kept us up all night practically Friday going in and out of their vehicles all night, yelling and talking really loud, oh and setting off the panic button on their car remote 3 different times. Who does that?! So annoying!

Saturday was fun! We got up and made breakfast and then took the kids to the beach! Gwynny had a great time playing in the sand and swimming in the very, very shallow water. The only problem was that when we went to leave the beach Gwynny's Dora the Explorer Crocs were no where to be found. I was so upset! She lost them on the beach because they were left at the bottom of the ramp that goes out on the beach, when she arrived at the beach with one of the other families we camped with. We went back later to look for the shoes but they were no where to be found so we ended up driving up to a local Walmart and getting her a new pair. Pain! Saturday night was interesting. After complaining during the day to the campstore about our obnoxious neighbors we thought the problem would be solved. Well, about 11pm they set off their wonderful panic button on their car again so I went off. I proceeded to tell them how rude they were and that I was going to report them. I did just that. Got in my van and my friend and I went down to the Main Gate and reported them. Within 10 minutes of returning to our site the ranger came driving up and got out to talk to whomever was still up, since they all decided to jump in their tents, turn out their lights, and hide. They finally complied with the quiet hours and didn't make any more noise until 7am when it started to rain. Needless to say, we didn't get a whole lot of sleep that night either so since it was raining we packed up the car and were out of there by 10am. All in all we had a great time and can't wait to do it again.

On a sad note...my dad is in the hospital. He went to the doctor on Monday not able to breath well. They gave him some medicine and sent him home. He was having a very hard time breathing and my brother got worried. The doctor told him to take him to the ER so he did. They admitted my dad and after looking him over found that he has aspirational pneumonia. Oh my gosh! Been there, done that! As the day went on Tuesday he worsened and the decided that he needed some help breathing and was placed on a ventilator. He has been on the vent ever since Wednesday early, early in the morning. He is stable and all his vitals look good. They want to try and ween him off the vent here soon. It was soo scary getting the call from my brother. It was also strange seeing my dad in the hospital. After spending so much time in the hospital with Lily I dread even stepping one foot in the door of one, but I knew I needed to be there for my dad. I knew he really couldn't respond to me since he is heavily sedated due to being on the vent but I made sure that I went up to him and told him I was there and how much I love him. I am being optimistic about the whole thing and praying for God's will to be done. I spent only an hour there today but that entire time I prayed for him and read his bible. It is comforting to me to know that so many people are praying for him and so many people care. I wish that he knew. I know my God is able to heal him! He is able to do far exceedingly beyond what we will ever know. God is good and he takes care of those who love him. Thank you Lord for my dad. Lord touch his body and make him whole. Please keep him in your prayers just as many of you did when Liliana was in the hospital. The more people we have trusting and believing together the better.

On a different note, Lily had her 15 month appointment Friday even though she is really only 14 months tomorrow. Our ped is extremely busy and that was the only time they could fit her in. She was amazed at how good Lily looks. Yes, Lily still has a long ways to go with the eating and with sitting up, but she is slowly and steadily getting stronger. Her weight and height looked good as well. I am very happy with her progress and I think I am finally starting to come to grips with the fact that she will develop at her own pace and that is ok with me. Lastly, tomorrow Gwynny turns 4! Mc'Donald's kids party tomorrow at 5pm and the family party on Saturday at 4pm! Argggghhhh! Lots of work ahead of me tomorrow but I'm sure it will be fun.

6 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Hi Kim, This is Joyce. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds like they are on top of the pneumonia though. We will say a prayer for him tonight.

I understand the dread of having to go back to the hospital but needing to be there for you parents. My mom had quad by-pass sugery last year and I just hated being back in the cardiothorasic surgery area.

Good report on Lily!!

Lacey said...

Its got to be so hard seeing your dad after seeing your baby the same way. I can't imagine. Praying for your dad that his recovery continues and he is home soon.

my family said...

I will keep your dad in my prayers for a speedy recovery. So happy to hear Miss L is growing well and Happy Birthday Miss G!!!

Heidi said...

I'll be praying for your Dad - it must be hard seeing him in the hospital.

I'm glad you had a good time camping even though you didn't get very much sleep!

Great job Lily at your doctor's appointment!

Cathy said...

Camping with a baby...wow...you are brave!

I will keep your Dad in my prayers!

To Love Endlessly said...

yeah, I'm impressed with the camping w/ the girls. I don't think I'll attempt that anytime soon. Very brave, indeed.

I am saying a lot of prayers for your Dad. has there been any improvement? It had to be quite a feat to step into the hospital again. I know your Dad appreciated it though.

Way to go Lily!